“…designed specifically for dental and medical practices.”
Follow the steps below to move your Version 2.x BlueNote Server to a different computer
To check your version, open your BlueNote client and click "Menu" then "Options". The version is located in the lower left hand corner, or upper right hand corner of the screen.
Note: This guide only covers BlueNote Servers version 2.x.
1) Click on "Options" then go to "Advanced" and click on "Show Data Files".
2) Copy all of these files to a USB thumb-drive or to a network location. You will need these files at the new computer.
3) Shutdown this BlueNote Server
4) Go to the Control panel - Add/Remove programs and Remove "BlueNote Communicator" from this computer.
1) If this computer has a BlueNote client already installed on it then go to the Windows control panel - Add/Remove programs and remove "BlueNote Communicator". The BlueNote Server installer will reinstall a new version. Your settings will not be lost.
2) Download the Version 2.6 BlueNote Server using the link below.
3) Start the BlueNote Server
4) Click on "Options" then go to "Advanced" and click on "Show Data Files".
5) Leaving the data files folder open, exit the BlueNote options screen and shut down the BlueNote Server.
6) Copy the saved files from the USB thumb-drive or network location into the open Data Files window. Warning - DO NOT copy the files into this folder if the BlueNote Server is running, When the BlueNote server shuts down it will erase all of your changes. This step must be completed with the BlueNote Server shutdown.
7) Start the BlueNote Server. All clients should re-discover the new BlueNote Server and re-connect. The re-discovery process could take up to 5 minutes. If a client fails to locate the server try shutting it down and re-starting it.
1) From a connected BlueNote client click on Menu then Options, choose License and make note of the Serial Number.
2) Send an email to support (at) bluenotesoftware.com that includes the following information:
BlueNote Server Serial Number retrieved in step 1
Practice Name and Address
Practice Phone Number
Note: We only process activations during normal business hours. Please allow a few hours for us to process your request and send the new activation code.
Intra-Office Communications built for Dental and Medical practices | More secure than radio headsets and Internet chat programs like AIM, Yahoo Messenger and GoogleTalk. You'll find BlueNote helping our thousands of practices communicate quickly in these and in many other environments
Eye Care Clinics
Radiology and Imaging Centers
Hospitals and Clinics
Minor Emergency Centers